Rat GFAP Ready-To-Use IHC KitCat. No.: IHC0101R
Sample Type: FFPE tissue
Size: 50T (including a control slide)
Storage and Stability: Please store components at the temperatures indicated on the individual tube labels. The kit is stable for 6 months from the date of receipt.
GFAP (Glial fibrillary acidic protein) is a member of the class III intermediate filament protein family. GFAP is heavily and specifically expressed in astrocytes and certain astroglia of the central nervous system, in satellite cells of peripheral ganglia, and in non-myelinating Schwann cells of peripheral nerves. In addition, neural stem cells strongly express GFAP. Antibodies to GFAP are very useful as markers of astrocytic cells. In addition, many types of brain tumor, presumably derived from astrocytic cells, heavily express GFAP. GFAP is also found in the lens epithelium, Kupffer cells of the liver, in some cells in salivary tumors and has been reported in erythrocytes. GFAP is used as a marker to distinguish astrocytes from other glial cells during development. Mutations in this gene cause Alexander disease, a rare disorder of astrocytes in the central nervous system. Alternative splicing of the GFAP gene results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms.
Astrocyte Marker; FLJ45472; GFAP; Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein; Intermediate filament protein; GFAP_HUMAN.
|PBS Buffer (powder)
|2L x 2
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer
|Endogenous Peroxidase Blocking Buffer
|Primary Antibody (Rat GFAP Rabbit pAb)
|Secondary Antibody (HRP-Goat anti-Rabbit IgG pAb)
|Chromogen Component A
|Chromogen Component B
|Counter Staining Reagent
|Control slide (Rat brain)
- The positive control slide provided in the kit allows you to be sure that the experimental set-up is working properly.
- Do not allow slides to dry at any time during this procedure.
- Please don't replace the matching reagents in this product with other manufacturers' products.
- As DAB is a carcinogen, please take necessary precautions.
- PBS (reagent 1) can be stored for one week at 4℃ after preparation; The antigen retrieval buffer (1×reagent 2) and the chromogenic agent (the mixture of reagents 7 and 8) should be prepared right before each assay.
Please cite this product as "IHC0101R, Bioss Antibodies".
Citation example: “Rat tissue sections using Rat GFAP IHC Kit (IHC0101R, Bioss Antibodies) were stained for GFAP according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications.